DEPARTMENT: Group Fleet Management / Planned Maintenance System
LOCATION: Rome - Italy
ROLE: Head of Planned Maintenance System
d'Amico Shipping Group is a global leading operator in bulk carriers and product/chemical tankers markets.
Born as a family business in the Thirties, when the d'Amico family moved the first steps in the shipping industry, the Group currently the Group currently operates about 100 vessels. The Group is headquartered in Rome, with offices in Monaco, London, Dublin, Luxembourg, Singapore, Stamford (USA), Vancouver (Canada), Mumbai (India).
d'Amico corporate culture is founded on three fundamental principles:
- The modern technology of the fleet
- The professional excellence of its people;
- The concrete commitment to social responsibility.
d'Amico Shipping Group is strongly dedicated to the development of its assets and resources, thus its competitive position in the shipping industry. A continuous effort is made to support the professional growth of its people and to finance a flexible, modern and eco-friendly fleet.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Head of PMS in our Group Fleet Management. The new resource will join our technical team, and will be mainly involved in the following key activities:
- Assure a proper coordination for PMS/CBM training/certification by PMS Department.
- Assure a proper follow-up by PMS Department on the vessel’s needs (Machinery card integration, spare part integration, etc.) promoting the correctness of maintenance data.
- To coordinate software/reporting improvements with the ICT Department.
- To follow up the approval of maintenance manual with RO and relevant review.
- Assure a systematic maintenance monitoring activities by PMS Department.
- Make and follow the implementation plan for the vessels to be enrolled under PMS/CBM scheme.
- Provide inputs to the technical manager for maintenance improvement in agreement with vessels superintendent/senior superintendent.
- Change of management for new software/tools/instruction related to CBM/PMS.
- Preliminary review of maintenance plan, job description, standard implemented by PMS Department before the final review by superintendent.
- Assure that all documents/reports/Manual related to PMS/CBM are easy to access and available ashore/onboard.
EXPERIENCE AND RELEVANT SKILLS
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- BSc / MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in an offshore or marine environment
- Knowledge of maritime systems
- Knowledge of maintenance management and planned maintenance system
- More detailed knowledge of Preventative & Predictive Maintenance, knowledge of Condition Monitoring
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification societies and flag states.
- Language skills - Independent use of English language in a working environment (minimum B2)
- Planning and Organization
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving capabilities and result-driven approach.
- Team player approach.
- Excellent communication & reporting skills.
- Time management and ability to work under strict deadlines.