ROLE: Company Corporate and legal Officer (Corporate Legal Executive)
LOCATION: Dublin - IRELAND
DEPARTMENT: International corporate Legal Affairs
d'Amico Società di Navigazione SpA’s Group is a global leading operator in bulk carriers and product/chemical tankers markets.
Born as a family business in the Thirties, when the d'Amico family moved the first steps in the shipping industry, the Group currently the Group currently operates about 100 vessels. The Group is headquartered in Rome, with offices in Monaco, London, Dublin, Luxembourg, Singapore, Stamford (USA), Vancouver (Canada), Mumbai (India).
d'Amico Group corporate culture is founded on three fundamental principles:
- The modern technology of the fleet
- The professional excellence of its people;
- The concrete commitment to social responsibility.
d'Amico Group is strongly dedicated to the development of its assets and resources, thus its competitive position in the shipping industry. A continuous effort is made to support the professional growth of its people and to finance a flexible, modern and eco-friendly fleet.
d’Amico Group is strongly dedicated to relevant and constant development programs of its assets and resources, thus strengthening its competitive position in the world. A continuous effort is made to support the professional growth of its people and, on the other hand, to finance investments for the achievement of a consistent, modern and eco-friendly fleet.
Reporting to the International Corporate Legal Affairs Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Corporate aspects and legal support in relation to the d’Amico Group companies and incorporated joint ventures.
In particular, she/he will be responsible for:
- Handling the preparation and organization of meetings (general meetings, board and shareholders meetings) and be involved in minutes drafting,
- Managing the general corporate governance and contributing to the meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members about the legal and governance implications of the proposed policies,
- maintaining statutory books - registers of members, directors and secretaries, etc.- in accordance with the applicable Corporate law, and in coordination with the external company’s secretary,
- Managing the review of the articles of incorporation, specific provisions and incorporation and dissolution of legal companies;
- ensuring that decisions taken during the meetings are duly communicated to the relevant stakeholders,
- Keep corporate documents and records up to date and ensure proper filing with RBO, CRO and legal bases;
- Monitoring changes in the relevant legislation and regulatory environment and ensuring the compliance of the companies with legal and statutory requirements,
- effectively managing all aspects of the corporate legal plans and actions, ensuring that the administration is in accordance with the written standards and procedures,
- liaising with the regulators and advisers, such as the company secretary, lawyers, public notaries, CRO and auditors,
- liaising with the external banks’ lawyers in relation to opening of banking facilities, loan agreements, mortgages and credit lines,
- Coordinate with the various teams to ensure smooth corporate operations,
- Participating and supporting the International Corporate Legal Affairs Director with the preparation of legal documentation such as agreements, contracts, continuous improvement and development of working processes and any other related duties.
EXPERIENCE AND RELEVANT SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in Law
- 3 -5 years of professional experience in a legal/ Law Firm/ fiduciary in corporate services and governance,
- In-depth knowledge of Irish Corporate Law
- Strong organizational and communication skills,
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, flexible and proactive
- Ability to work independently, while also contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to build personal and professional credibility with boards, senior management teams, and regulators and advisers
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of the shipping sector a distinct advantage
d’Amico is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all relevantly qualified applicants are considered without any discrimination.